It all started on Thursday afternoon when I got an e-mail stating we were going to have a 2-hour delay on Friday morning. This absolutely never happens in the big city--I mean N E V E R! I went the whole school year last year without even so much as a delay! I know some people are saying, "So What?" Well... I come from a school system that always delayed and had many closings throughout the year. I was used to knowing the night before if school was going to be canceled or very early in the morning I'd wake up and listen to Stan Jacob talk on the scanner to all the other principals and decide. I was needless so excited to find the next morning after sleeping in a bit that school was CANCELED! O-M-G! H E double hockey sticks must have frozen over!

Dustin's news wasn't the best because he found his computer to be broken as you see. His attempt at providing a quick-fix action to his back light in his lap top not working... quite geekified if you ask me :) He's got a smirk on his face because this was a huge joke fest as I kept laying it on thick to him and he thought he was just brilliant!
So anyway we were going to go up to Albion this weekend anyway so we got to go up a bit earlier than expected. We left Friday around noon and got up there around 2:30 or so. The roads in Indianapolis were clean and the only problem

was the negative temperatures. In Albion, the roads were pure snow/ice with a touch of brown sand specks and -30 some degree wind chills. Definitely cold and miserable. Here is a pic of the dogs on the way up north. They like to sit in my back window of the car even though there is hardly any room and it is freezing up there compared to on the seat!

Every time we go up north I love to look at this sign. It is the new Nestle plant just around Anderson. This Nes Quik bunny and sign are so cool, especially at night. We finally remembered to have the camera ready for this photo op.
My little big brother is known as little because he is my younger brother by three years. He is big

because he's 6'4 250 solid. What else would he want to be but a cop. I guess he really didn't have much of a choice because his loves are guns, hunting, and the outdoors. Every time he comes home from work he pulls in with his lights and sirens on and then backs up into his parking spot in the drive way.
This is a pic from about 2 1/2 weeks ago when we were up there. Dad and Dustin thought it

would be brilliant to fry bacon. They figured what the heck since they had already fried a ham and chicken wings. I swear these two can sure make some great fried food... very delicious!!

Eric always talks about this store--Rural King. I had never heard of it and the way he says Rural like ROO AWL makes me laugh. So Dustin and I need to run some errands and we ran to Kendallville to check it out. So I went for a Carhart pull over without a hood and didn't get it. Dustin just went along for the ride and got a cool Carhart flannel and a hooded flannel for only $10. How crazy is that?! This store had everything from laundry detergent to those things you hold cows in to milk. It was amazing... I'm definitely a new fan of the store!!
Dustin and I decided to make Japanese curry for the family. Here Dustin is stirring the curry

mixture and I'm just being a pest in the kitchen because I don't cook! I did put the salad together though :)

So mom has this problem... she likes to dress up as if she is me. I think she is totally jealous of my looks. She's wearing my hat, coat, scarf, gloves, sun glasses, and shaking her hips like I supposedly do! She thought she was funny, but I don't think so.
2 comments:
So glad you got a closing! Gotta love that! What is Amy's maiden name? I cant place the name Amy Minnich...I cant seem to get on her blog either. If so, I would love to say hello. :)
Glad to see an update, still deaf, going to French Lick next week, look for an update
Post a Comment