My students looked out the windows and told me my car was completely covered. They were right! It took me longer to clean it off that it did for me to get the car warm. Little did I know this was just the beginning of me getting home safely.
This is I-70 West bound near Keystone.
Getting worse as I go- I-70 W at the north split.
Another shot.
Be sure to look at the oncoming traffic (to the left). During rush hour (this time) there is usually a sea of headlights moving. This sea of headlights was barely crawling..jpg)
Pic of the north split trying going south around my fave curve. I usually take this curve around 60-70mph... I was going a whopping 21 mph and stopping occasionally.
Almost home free... except there's an accident in my exit lane. It's amazing that a city this large with a lot more work force of DOT was crippled. This kind of snow is typical of Albion. Jeeze, people, learn to drive! It is Indiana!
The culprit: a car that didn't know that fresh snow and some mushed up snow does not equal stopping abruptly. I had a few choice words flowing through my head at this moment.
Raymond St heading West to home. Not horrible, but definitely snow covered and more drivers not knowing how to drive.
Side street bypassing all the other heavy traffic of Meridian street... Okay so I really just wanted to have some fun on a freshly snowed street :)
This is what I avoided by taking the freshly covered snow street: Idiots that would rather run red lights and slide through them instead of planning ahead!
Turning onto Gimber... Almost home!
Ahhh after 1 hour and 10 minutes, I'm finally home from work. My trip to work is usually about 20-25 minutes at the most. Fun times!
No comments:
Post a Comment