Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas with the Lawson's

19 December - 21 December 2008


Dustin and I pulled into my parent's house around 0100 on Saturday morning. It took us a bit longer to get up there than normal because of the road conditions up there. Eric opened the door for us as we piled out 6 dogs and the two of us. Here's Eric in his lizard-sex position shirt he took from a buddy's truck. Yes he is working on a shot gun at this time of night too.

Next day... dad deep fries a ham. This was the most delicious thing in the word. It had a sugary crust for some reason and the flavors of the ham were so intensified it rocked. Dad got this off of Paula Dean. Want to try it? Check out her recipe at Food Network Dad didn't use her recipe much other than cooking time. He did inject the ham with some Cajun jalapeno mix he made. When we took it out and put it in the kitchen to rest, we could push the top of the meat and it would just juice everywhere... so good! None of it was left Sunday morning.

Here's dad watching the fryer temp. Thinking we should get him an electric one sometime in the near future. Oh yeah, Mable is running away from the garage after getting in trouble for trying to eat dear carcass.


Right there in that snow is where mom fell trying to feed her all-important birds so her old ladies could watch them. Isn't the snow and ice beautiful?

Dad and I dropping in the turkey.


The finished turkey product. Soooo good of course.


Here's Dottie trying to find a place to do her business... There was absolutely no grass to be found up there. Notice how tall the snow pile is.... I really miss the snow.

The dogs running around on the front side of the garage enjoying the snow before it got too cold.

Eric showing the love after a long day at work on the Avilla PD. He worked a lot of 10-50s because of the icy road conditions. This was the same day that Dustin and I ran into Kendallville to get some dog food cheaper than we do down here and then went to Radio Shack. I got an iPod boom box for only $30 when it was originally $129.99... pretty sweet deal, huh?!



Here's mom at her first attempt of doing the Wii Fit. We left it up there for her to continue trying-- we'll see how that goes! Eric video taped her on his cell phone. It was hilarious watching her do the hula-hoop and the running. We were laughing so hard!!


Eric and I playing this Terrorist game on the Wii. The first picture is nostalgic to Eric and I because here we are shooting like we did as kids (except with real guns back then) and our instructor is sitting behind watching us. BTW I took this game home to practice so Eric and I can demolish these terrorists haha.

I had to take this picture because mom was making fun of me. It was -27 with windchill today, yet mom wanted to go shopping. So I bundled up and was wearing this hat. I love it because it covers my ears and everything. She was making fun of me because she said I looked like a dork... now whose the dork?? Hm...

No comments: