Thursday, March 13, 2008

Adulthood

How is it that we make the transition from child to preteen, from preteen to adolescence, from adolescence to teen, and then from teen to adult? This is what I have been perplexed about lately. This summer I will turn 24 and I find myself thinking about this adulthood stage. When is it okay to leave the past mentalities behind? I am not the same person I was when I was 15, but why do I still feel that if I don't please everyone or do what everyone thinks is right that I am a bad person? Then I wonder, what does it matter what others think about my life, especially since I have been successful at every feat I've put my mind to thus far?

I have been through one stressful 3rd quarter and only have one day left until this much needed break. People that say teachers go into the profession for money--or even better yet the time off-- frustrate me. If we didn't have the breaks I don't think anyone would physically be healthy enough to maintain the profession.

This much needed vacation can't come soon enough. I am ready to go see new sights and just enjoy life on the road, free of responsibility, and enjoying time with Dustin.

Just a few of my thoughts for today: pretty complex.

2 comments:

Nick and Jill Juday said...

Hope you are having a fun spring break! :)

Nick and Jill Juday said...

I tagged you :)